Sunday, June 5, 2016

Round 3 Speech: Monroe's Motivated Sequence

For the final speech round I wanted it to be my best speech to really reflect all that I have learned over the course of this quarter. Unfortunately I don't think it was my strongest speech because I had trouble finding enough data and facts to use. I chose to do a persuasive speech using Monroe's Motivated Sequence for the final round because I felt it would be the most interesting. My speech was on the blanket ban of skateboards here at Cal Poly, and how we need to make a change and allow skateboards back on campus. This is a very important topic for me being a skateboarder and not being able to ride whatsoever on campus. I tried to convey this in my speech, but feel like I could've done a better job by putting more emotion in my voice. My transitions between the five different sequences of the speech could have been better as well. Something I did well for this speech was bringing in my skateboard to use as a prop which also built my ethos showing I am a skateboarder. Overall this was a fun speech to write using MMS, but would like to next time chose a topic with more information on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.